A Message from the President
In our last communication in March 2019, I discussed on the importance of having a Strategic Plan of ISCoS and the necessity for developing a roadmap for the future to ensure the success of all our various initiatives and ventures. This process also provides an opportunity to listen to the voices of members and to transform any relevant ideas into reality.
Here is a proposed time frame for compilation of the Strategic plan:
- Circulation of the report of Adhoc Constitution and Byelaws Committee-July, 2019
- Circulation of draft Mission, Vision and Core values- September, 2019
- Finalization of Strategic Plan compilation process- October, 2019
- Final discussion on Adhoc Constitution & Byelaws Committee Report, Mission, Vision as well as Core Values and Preliminary discussions on remaining plan-5th -7th November (ISCoS 2019)
- Circulation of Draft Strategic Plan-May 2020
- Deadline for comments/suggestions on draft plan-June 2020
- Circulation of revised Strategic Plan-July 2020
- Final discussion on Strategic Plan- 2nd - 4th September (ISCoS 2020)
The under mentioned are the main priorities of ISCoS which could be discussed in the Strategic Plan:
- Mission, Vision and Core Values
- Streamlining Activities & Organizational Structure
- Scientific Activities
- Training and Service Development
- Development of Educational Materials
- Networking and Information Exchange
This is an opportunity for all of us to express our views on what we think should be the goals of ISCoS for the next decade. So please start brainstorming on the various issues which should be included in the Strategic Plan under the priorities as mentioned above. If you think priorities other than the ones mentioned above should also be included, do let us know.
Looking forward to your wholehearted participation in the initiative.
Dr H S Chhabra
President-International Spinal Cord Society